Thursday 14 February 2013

Lick's Homeburgers Review

Lick’s Homeburgers was the first place that I’ve been to that I really felt was a burger joint.  The love that the staff put into those burgers, the taste, the portions, it was all new and amazing to me.  Lick’s is a chain of restaurants and I questioned their inclusion on this list but I owed it to them.

 I’ve seen a few locations close down and every time it hurts a little.  Unfortunately, after being exposed to some of the other independent burger joints in Ontario, I can’t say that I’m surprised.

When you walk in Lick’s seems to have it all…Great selection of burgers, salads, poutine, chili, onion rings and desserts.  Menu is simple and there is definitely something for everyone.  There’s turkey, chicken, beef, and veggie burgers as well as carb-free options and even wrap versions of their burgers.

I ordered a burger and fries, after only a 3 or 4 minutes wait; you pick your toppings for your burger.  Slim pickings here, there’s only lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles, and cucumbers.  They also have their own version of mayo called Guck sauce.  This stuff is amazing and I highly recommend it.  You can buy it at most grocery stores so you don’t necessarily have to go to Lick’s to get it.

The burger was a perfect size on a perfect toasted sesame bun.  Not enough people toast their buns!
The burger tasted great and I was definitely satisfied, but something about it was bland.  I think it may be the lack of toppings, but the burger was missing a wow factor that so many joints have.  It was just a typical burger.

Now for the worst of the worst I’ve had so far…the FRIES!  seriously…from frozen, tasted terrible, as if they microwaved left over McCain fries.  Stay away, get onion rings instead!
Prices are pretty good at only $5.49 for a burger.

Pros
·         Good value
·         Decent burger
·         Guck Sauce!!

Cons
·         Few toppings
·         just…nothing special
·         WORST FRIES!!

I hope one day when you’re driving around at lunch deciding between Wendy’s and McDonald’s, you’ll think of Lick’s and choose it instead.  At least buy Guck sauce to keep at home.

I had fond memories of Lick’s but I only feel one way now….Disappointed.
6.5/10






Lick's Homeburgers & Ice Cream on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment